Rarely does an Account Executive opportunity come on the market that ticks so many of the desired boxes that the experienced Account Exec’s are looking for:
• Not only does this role come with a significant inherited portfolio, but the incumbent Account Executive is moving internally so the account will not be under attack from competing brokers.
• The focus is very much on managing existing accounts rather than new business, and the modest growth target should be readily achievable organically and via cross & up selling ancillary services.
• You will be rewarded with a 25% bonus of any commission and fee generated (on both new business and growth from existing clients).
• Generous basic salary plus one of the best ‘flexible benefits’ packages in the market.
• A friendly and supportive environment, where you will be granted a great deal of autonomy and encouraged to work remotely as you see fit.
Our client is a well-known national broker and has had a strong presence across Wales and South East England for many years. Due to the promotion of the incumbent Account Executive, the need has arisen to join the Cardiff office’s Commercial Department.
Here, you will join a Team of 5 Account Executives and assume control of a portfolio generating circa £300K commission and fee income. The clients within this portfolio vary in size and complexity and, whilst its fair to say the average account generates commissions of £5-10K, there are a number of clients paying fees over £15K and several of circa £25K. This is a real ‘general practitioners’ portfolio and your book will include risks from a range of sectors such as Manufacturing, Haulage and Contracting.
You will take the lead in managing relations with clients, including overseeing programme design and insurer negotiations but you will benefit from the support of a highly technical team of Brokers and Handlers who will assist you in dealing with MTA’s, renewal work, policy admin, general enquires and preparing reports etc.
This is an exciting time to be joining the team, and our client is looking for someone who is committed, energetic, passionate and driven in this key role. As you would expect, it is essential that you are an experienced commercial insurance professional and have knowledge of all common commercial covers, including Property, Liability, BI, Financial Lines and Commercial Combined etc. Ideally, you will have made some progress towards professional qualifications under the Chartered Insurance Institute but this is by no means essential for outstanding candidates who can demonstrate a high-level understanding of the complexities of commercial insurance.
In return, you will receive a completely negotiable basic salary, plus car allowance and, as identified above, a very generous commission structure and a market-leading ‘flexible benefits’ package that can be tweaked to suit your own circumstances.