There can be few better places to work for ambitious Yorkshire based insurance professionals than the Leeds city centre office of this corporate broking practice.
It employs some of the region’s most impressive broking talent, who in turn manage the insurance programmes of much converted accounts. Its branch portfolio comprises Financial Institutions, world renowned Media/ Tech firms, and complex Engineering and Manufacturing companies. These accounts are based across the UK, and as one would expect, many of its clients have significant global exposures.
Depending on your skills, experience and ambitions, you will assume control of the day to day management of a predefined allocation of accounts. Your duties will include, but by no means be limited to:
• Reviewing clients’ existing insurance programmes, scrutinising bespoke policy wordings and making recommendations to improve cover where necessary.
• Developing your market awareness of the sectors in which your clients operate, and also a deep understanding of your clients’ objectives, performance, perception, management team etc.
• Negotiating with insurers to ensure that comprehensive cover is achieved at the most competitive premium.
• Liaising with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including linking in with specialists from other areas of the business in relation to more unusual risks.
• Writing a report and preparing documentation in a timely and accurate fashion, including preparing renewal work.
It is essential that you have experience within commercial insurance, including knowledge of all common commercial covers. Recognising that a client-centric approach and the right attitude is more important than extensive exposure to corporate clients, this forward-thinking broker welcomes applications from ‘rising stars’ through to seasoned veterans of the insurance industry. As such, whilst currently holding ACII would add wait to your application, we are also keen to hear from those candidates who can demonstrate a genuine commitment to obtaining this.
In return, you can expect a generous basic salary (to circa £42K) plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Aston Charles – a personalised service from industry experts
General Insurance & Financial Services Recruitment