With its cutting-edge technology already proven to great success in other sectors, this established player is poised to replicate its well-documented triumphs elsewhere in the UK GI space.
This solvent business has a strong management team and is backed by well-heeled partners who, having already made significant returns on their initial investments, have further ‘bought into’ the concept and recognise how lucrative the UK GI landscape can be for this niche product.
Safe in the knowledge that the “financials are in order”, and having learnt from previous product launches, the management team can fully commit to this assignment and focus on making this new a division a success, without having to worry about further rounds of funding.
This close-knit start-up, creates bespoke SaaS software for consumers and businesses that analyses data and provides unique insights, delivering an exciting new product that is already changing the digital market place.
We are seeking a Technical Partner Director to play a key role in the development of the new insurance channel. The ideal candidate must have a passion for working with people and building relationships. They will be sales-led and well-connected within the General Insurance (Motor) space. To share your enthusiasm for the product, you must have an interest in working with innovation that is data-led within the insurance space.
You will be responsible for creating new relationships with partner organisations within the UK Motor insurance space, and also managing relationships with stakeholders once ‘onboarded’. This includes acting as a conduit between partners and the technical teams, ensuring all parties are happy, that issues and risks are identified earlier, and that SLA’s are adhered.
As you would expect, this is a very collaborative environment, with every member of the team having an essential voice in defining the look, feel and flow of the product, along with the future direction of the company.
It is essential that:
• You are an excellent communicator, able to control conversations (even the difficult ones!) up and down the business, and with external stakeholders.
• You have an ability to secure ‘buy in’ and influence insurance company personnel at all levels, from Underwriters and Actuaries through to the C-Suite.
• You have relevant experience within general insurance sales and partner management.
• You have a detailed knowledge of the UK Motor insurance market.
• You are well-networked with substantial contacts ‘on the ground’ in Actuarial, Pricing & Risk Teams at UK Motor insurers.
• You have a practical understanding of general insurance processes in regards to pricing and risk, current actuarial models, and are able to articulate how this product can add value to these.
• You are Product-led, inquisitive and want to contribute to the development of the product and its successful implementation within a partner business.
• You are self-motivated, with a ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to get things done!
In return, you will receive a completely negotiable remuneration package, comprising a generous basic salary (for the right candidate, six figures), plus potential equity. Other benefits include a contributory pension, 25 days’ holiday (plus 2 ‘duvet days’), regular away days and staff parties, a well-stocked kitchen full of drinks and healthy snacks, and a top notch coffee machine!
Aston Charles – a personalised service from industry experts
General Insurance & Financial Services Recruitment