Our client, a regional Wealth Management firm with a national presence, is looking to strengthen its Compliance function with the appointment of an experienced Regional Development Consultant.
This business, established as a regional IFA practice initially, has gone from strength to strength in recent years, completing a series of mergers and acquisitions. It now boasts a UK-wide presence, with a number of offices in key locations across the country. It provides first class private wealth management solutions for a broad client base of high net worth individuals and corporate clients.
A field based role, you will essentially be responsible for all T&C and compliance monitoring for a large team (c25) of IFA’s, covering offices in Leeds, London and Essex. More specifically, your duties will include:
• Manage the training and development of a team of IFAs, conducting induction training for IFA’s.
• Participate in role-play assessment of IFAs.
• Manage and supervise IFAs’ performance and provide appropriate levels of oversight from non-competent to competent status.
• Undertake training needs analysis and prepare development plans to address learning needs.
• Investigate areas of underperformance, report findings and recommended remedial action.
• Conduct Observation and Assessment of IFAs’ advisory skills to demonstrate their ongoing competency, and to identify training needs.
• Undertake pre-sale and post-sale client file reviews, instructing remedial action.
• Gather appropriate management information to enable appropriate assessment of performance.
• Hold 1:1 development meetings with IFAs.
• Provide advice and guidance to assist the IFAs in maintenance of regulatory knowledge.
• Ensure IFAs undertake appropriate levels of CPD tailored to learning needs and which meets minimum regulatory requirements.
• Liaise with Group Compliance and Risk Director / Regulatory Risk Manager on regulatory matters of potential concern or risk in a timely manner, and assist in regulatory projects as directed.
• Report on supervision activity, issues and trends to ensure Group Compliance and Risk Director / Regulatory Risk Manager are regularly informed and that TCF is embedded in the business.
It is vital that you have relevant experience within a similar position and experience of T&C and file reviews across life, pensions and investments. Ideally, you will be Level 4 Diploma qualified, though our client will consider applications from candidates that have substantial ‘on the job’ experience.
In return, you will enjoy a generous basic salary, reflective of your experience and qualifications, together with additional benefits. This role presents an opportunity for career progression both in the mid and longer-term.
Aston Charles - a personalised service from industry experts
Financial Services and General Insurance Recruitment