Are you an experienced operational Team Leader who is looking for a challenging role? Do you have experience within the commercial insurance industry? Are you looking for a role where your successes will be acknowledged by senior management?
We are working on a challenging role with a leading insurance business that is looking for a Team Leader within its Underwriting Team. This is an opportune time to join this company as it has recently gone through some very exciting changes and is investing heavily across the Group.
Your role will be to take control of the Underwriting Team that provides existing business and renewal services to brokers. You will ensure that the team is providing competitive rates and terms within agreed timescales, whilst identifying other business opportunities.
Specific duties will include:
• To lead and actively performance manage the Underwriting Team to deliver a set of agreed business objectives and outstanding performance.
• To ensure the team’s service delivery to customers is in line with the company SLAs.
• To ensure adherence to the insurer’s technical underwriting requirements.
• To ensure the team’s day to-day servicing and administration of client insurance requirements is completed in a timely, technically accurate and cost-effective manner.
• To support the Managing Director and Operations Manager; assisting with any business, technical or operational issues within the department, as and when required.
You will also conduct regular one-to-ones, coaching sessions and ad-hoc support with the team, helping to ensure they are on track and performing to their targets/ objectives.
To be considered for this role, you will be an established Team Leader/ Manager, with experience within the commercial insurance industry and a good understanding of what makes an effective environment. You will ideally have exposure to underwriting, either in a similar role, or as an Underwriter, however high calibre applicants from a broking environment may be considered.
You must be able to motivate and inspire the team to perform in all areas of their roles. With this being a broker service function, you will be strong in your convictions and assertive when communicating with your team.
This position is of high importance to the business, and therefore any positive results will be highly visible to the senior management, which will provide you with a great platform for internal promotions.
Please contact Allan Parker at Aston Charles for further information.
Aston Charles - a personalised service from industry experts
General Insurance and Financial Services Recruitment