Are you an experienced Broker and wanting to progress your career? Are you looking to become a people manager? Do you want to be in a role that is ‘in the spotlight’ and where your career could rapidly develop based on your results?
We are working on a challenging role with a leading insurance business that is looking for a Team Leader within its Wholesale Broking Division. This role is new to the business within a division that has a great deal of investment, and therefore your successes will be closely monitored by the board.
Initially, you will take control of a small team of two that provides a wholesale broking service to intermediary partners, giving them access to markets and Underwriters that they wouldn’t normally have, and providing this service to brokers yourself. You will ensure that the team is providing competitive rates and terms within agreed timescales, whilst identifying other business opportunities with the panel.
Specific duties will include:
• Attending regular weekly meetings, reporting into the group and providing progress updates associated with team performance, GWP, personnel and operational efficiency initiatives.
• Proactively coaching and developing a team of Wholesale Broking Account Handlers to increase overall capability through using specialist knowledge and experience.
• Managing referrals from team members offering technical coaching and guidance where appropriate.
• Ensuring compliance with local procedures, customer service standards and external compliance regulations, e.g. FCA.
• Ensuring that staff appraisals and monthly 121s are carried out and documented.
• Ensuring that all desk coaching is logged for both the job holder and staff members who they are supervising in accordance with the Control Framework (e.g. Training & Competency requirements).
• Undertake training in line with agreed objectives and keeping up to date with technical, legal and market developments.
You will grow the team through the recruitment of staff to a point where your duties will be 100% operation. It is expected that this division will see rapid expansion over the next 12-18 months, with you at the forefront.
To be considered for this role, you will be an experienced broker with either current management responsibilities or exposure to this, such as mentoring or training. You will have excellent technical knowledge of the commercial insurance market, and whilst not essential, experience from a Wholesale background would be advantageous. You must have the confidence to be able to motivate and inspire the team to perform in all areas of their roles.
This position is of high importance to the business, and therefore any positive results will be highly visible to senior management, which will provide you with a great platform for internal promotions.
Please contact Allan Parker at Aston Charles for further information on this, or any other general insurance opportunities you may be interested in.
Aston Charles - a personalised service from industry experts
General Insurance and Financial Services Recruitment