Are you an experienced Fleet Underwriter with pan-European or reverse flow exposure? Do you want to work with some of Europe’s most interesting and technical risks? Would you be willing to relocate to the continent?
If so, Aston Charles is working with the Global Fleet Department of a major global insurer that is responsible for the elaboration, implementation and the set-up/ strategy of the Fleet and commercial vehicle business. This includes the development and execution of international programmes, and specific models of cooperation with external and internal stakeholders.
Our client is looking for a (Senior) Underwriter to design and integrate the processes regarding quotation, sales pitch, underwriting, pricing and reinsurance. The successful candidate is responsible for the preparation of underwriting reviews/ approvals and the maintenance of portfolio management.
Your main duties will include:
• Proactively developing and maintaining the underwriting strategy, guidelines and processes within a global scope.
• Supporting your internal colleagues with the local implementation of underwriting guidelines and processes.
• Cooperating and collaborating with internal colleagues in respect of the cross-border business model.
• Proactively supporting the acquisition of new commercial motor business and the retention of existing commercial motor business.
• Assessment of international Automotive products, consulting of manufacturers and internal stakeholders during development of specific product and coverage solutions, as well as non-standard premium concepts for Commercial Motor.
• Developing innovative product and pricing solutions in Commercial Motor.
• Participating in internal and interdisciplinary key projects.
To be considered, it is essential that you have an in-depth insight into Fleet underwriting with at least five years’ experience. You will have experience in dealing with either international, pan-European or reverse flow business with the Motor Fleet market, as well as pricing and product development for these products. Ideally, you will also have experience in portfolio management and the reinsurance process.
As you would expect, there is an excellent salary and benefits package on offer with an annual bonus, based on company/ individual performance. You will get exposure to some large and technical risks that you wouldn’t see in the UK market and as such, this is an excellent opportunity to work with some of the most technically-gifted Underwriters on the continent.
This role is based in Munich, Germany, and you will be expected to relocate. There is €5,000 in relocation support costs and a relocation service to help you move and settle into the area. Munich is based in the South of Germany and has excellent transport links to Italy, Austria, Switzerland and Czech Republic, so you can just hire a car and explore!
Aston Charles – a personalised service from industry experts
General Insurance & Financial Services Recruitment