Recognised as a leading player within the lucrative insurance aggregator niche, this leading InsurTech has crafted a fantastic reputation for its innovative approach. Its sophisticated platforms enable its partners to maximise their online exposure and gives them access to the lucrative online comparison market by creating bespoke, white label aggregator sites.
In the current market, where more and more firms and individuals are seeking to monetise their online profile, coupled with financial services brand loyalty becoming largely a thing of the past, this approach has proved very successful. As a result, our client has grown from strength to strength, enjoying a phenomenal surge in the volume of premium controlled and, accordingly number of staff employed.
With compliance support being hitherto provided by an outsourced insurance compliance specialist firm, the board has decided that now is time to bring many of compliance functions back in-house. You will help to oversee the ongoing relationship with the outsourced compliance partner who will still be involved in the business. For example, you may use their regulatory training programmes or handbooks, but make your own mark on them to reflect your employer’s approach.
The finer points of the role can be tweaked to suit the successful candidates’ skills, experiences and ambitions, but it is envisioned that your key duties and responsibilities will include:
• Working with the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Technical Officer, HR Director and other ‘Heads of’.
• Providing ongoing compliance and data protection support across the company.
• Keeping up to date with regulatory changes and analysing impact within the business.
• Developing and managing a monthly compliance monitoring planner.
• Attending to and assisting with applications and correspondence with regulators.
• Preparation and implementation of compliance policies and procedures to ensure the company is up to date and employees are informed.
• Advising on controls, procedures and requirements to comply with DP legislation.
• Advising the leadership team and supporting the ongoing compliance / UK laws.
• Planning and scheduling data processing audits and assisting with general company audits.
• Providing regulatory training for all employees.
• Ensuring the company is up to date with regulatory, compliance and DPO requirements.
• Supporting the company as DPO, point of contact for data subject requests, to ensure the company is up to date with GDPR.
This is a high-profile role within the company that has wide-ranging responsibilities. Citing that “someone with fresh ideas and a new approach would be a breath of fresh air”, this innovative broker isn’t necessarily looking for someone who has come from a senior management position. However, it is essential that you have a sound working knowledge of the UK compliance market, including the FCA Handbook, gained in a general insurance environment. This should extend to data protection law and practices.
You must be well-organised, able to juggle a demanding workload (including various projects), and be an excellent communicator. As you will be dealing with a variety of colleagues, partners and insurers, you must have excellent stakeholder management skills. You must also take great pride in the quality of your work and confidence in your ability to work independently.
This is a permanent, home-based role, working on a part-time basis; this is expected to around 3 days per week but we welcome applications from outstanding candidates who can justify working fewer or greater hours. The salary is completely negotiable but is anticipated to be in the region of £50K (pro rata).
Aston Charles – a personalised service from industry experts
General Insurance & Financial Services Recruitment