A specialist insurance business that designs products in conjunction with insurers for a number of niche markets, is looking to appoint a Commercial Account Handler for its team in Gloucester.
This forward-thinking, entrepreneurial business is going through a period of expansion across the Group. Significant investment is taking place in a number of areas, which will present various progression opportunities for someone who really wants to make an impact in this role.
As a Commercial Account Handler, you will be dealing with a plethora of commercial insurance products. Although these may be in the SME arena, they will be of a technical and non-standard nature, which makes the role a lot more interesting and will test/ improve your technical knowledge.
Your main duties will be to:
• Complete the day to day administration including processing of new business, renewals, mid-term adjustments, client queries and cancellations.
• Check all documentation is completed on a daily basis in accordance with company procedures.
• Ensure credit control and debt collection is up to date for brokers and direct clients.
• Deal with technical queries, both verbally and in writing, referring where appropriate.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients and insurers.
• Be aware of relevant new legislation and competitors’ products and suggest changes/ improvements as appropriate.
• Suggest and evaluate any opportunities for further expansion of the Group account.
• To be aware of and act within the limit of your individual underwriting authority.
It is essential that you have experience of working within commercial insurance. Individuals with a niche sector insurance background are also welcome to apply. With this being a client-servicing role, you will have a proven track record of managing strong client relationships, as well as having excellent communication skills.
In return, you’ll receive a competitive basic salary and benefits package. The company will also offer support with professional qualifications under the Chartered Insurance Institute. This is a great opportunity to work for one of the UK’s fastest growing insurance businesses, where career development opportunities are readily available to hardworking staff.
Aston Charles – a personalised service from industry experts
Financial Services and General Insurance Recruitment