Our client is a leading international insurer that is looking to appoint an inspirational leader as Branch Manager within its prestigious operation based in Leeds.
This role has arisen as a result of an internal promotion, which reflects one of the key values of this business – “to promote from within”. The branch itself is consistently ranked as one of the top performers within the company, which is testament to the hard work and effort of its entire team.
In this challenging, yet highly-rewarding position, you will manage the P&L of the branch, holding overall responsibility for the sales, service, operations and underwriting goals. The account currently stands at circa £140m GWP, split over two branches (Leeds and Newcastle). It will be expected that you will travel to the North East on average once a week, or as necessary. This operation has gone through a number of changes recently, so ensuring that you have the buy-in from the team, from top to bottom, will be a challenging, yet rewarding part of your role.
Some of your other key responsibilities will be to:
• Create an open and honest culture across the Branch, which drives engagement, development, and supports Branch and strategy to meet key KPI’s.
• Develop, lead and deliver local strategy, to include setting challenging targets for the Branch and monitoring performance against targets, costs and budget.
• Ensure that the Branch runs efficiently with resource, adequately skilled and deployed appropriately in order to meet business needs.
• Ensure that the Branch is compliant with all regulatory and legislative requirements.
• Input into and ensure that the Branch fully supports strategic initiatives, embraces and delivers the change programme (particularly system and process-led), to ensure a consistent operating approach across the Branch network.
It is essential that you have experience of working at senior level within the commercial insurance market, with P&L accountability. Our client is looking for someone that can drive branch performance, so you will have experience in motivating and inspiring teams to achieve positive results. You will also have outstanding relationship management skills, be a shrewd negotiator, and pragmatic in your dealings.
In return, you will be rewarded with a generous package, including salary, car, bonus and attractive company benefits. This position will give you great exposure within a leading global organisation and the insurance market as a whole.
Aston Charles - a personalised service from industry experts
General Insurance and Financial Services Recruitment