This is very exciting news for the Leeds insurance company market…
Following a recent period of positive change and restructure, this leading household name insurer has a number of opportunities for talented Commercial Underwriters within its flagship Leeds city centre office.
Spearheaded by a new Branch Manager, this person has an extremely successful track record within this firm where they have built highly profitable branches and achieved enviable employee satisfaction scores.
Following the recent re-engineering of its portfolio, this office is very much focused on ‘mid-market’ commercial business, typically with premiums ranging from £10K - £250K.
Our is looking for Underwriters across a range of lines including Commercial Combined / Property, Motor Trade and Motor Fleet.
You will enjoy dealing with a wide variety of regional brokers encompassing some fascinating risks. Roles exist within both the Existing Business and New Business Teams, but regardless, you will demonstrate a real trader’s mentality and a genuine desire to grow your account.
Here are the main selling points of this opportunity:
- The firm really looks after its employees and is ‘big on’ employee engagement. It provides an excellent work-life balance, as well as superb company benefits.
- You’ll be working for a business with a market-leading training and development programme.
- You’ll enjoy working for a stable company – the average length of service at this firm is 12 years.
- This business is keeping ahead of the times and very much embracing technology, whilst securing
long-term roles for its Underwriters.
- The company’s strategy is very much on ‘bottom line’, profitable underwriting, which means that your technical underwriting expertise will be greatly valued.
- Underwriters in this business are “free to underwrite” and benefit from a great support infrastructure, which allows them to do what they do best.
- You’ll benefit from genuine career advancement opportunities. For example, the current Branch Manager progressed into this role within 5 years of being in an Underwriting position.
It is essential that you have some previous underwriting experience, although our client will also consider talented Assistant Underwriters, who are looking to step up into an underwriting role. Brokers who ‘hold the pen’ on a scheme will also be considered. It is crucial that you are self-motivated, enthusiastic, a strong team player, and capable of dealing with volume business.
You will be rewarded with an attractive basic salary together with a range of company benefits. Come and be part of this exciting success story and apply in confidence today!
Aston Charles – a personalised service from industry experts
General Insurance & Financial Services Recruitment