Our client, a regional Wealth Management firm with a national presence, is looking to strengthen its Compliance function with the appointment of an experienced Business Quality Assessor.
This business, established as a regional IFA practice initially, has gone from strength to strength in recent years, completing a series of mergers and acquisitions. It now boasts a UK-wide presence, with a number of offices in key locations across the country. It provides first class private wealth management solutions for a broad client base of high net worth individuals and corporate clients.
You will essentially be responsible for the quality assurance of the northern region of this expanding practice, dealing with the cases of multiple Advisers, ensuring advice quality exceeds the minimum standards across the board. More specifically, duties will include:
• Pre-sale business support – formal and informal support to Advisers to help them give suitable advice.
• Pre-sale file check – detailed review of high-risk cases to ensure advice given is suitable, and that there is enough information on file to
support the advice and suitability.
• Post-sale file check – detailed review of risk-based sample of cases to ensure advice given is suitable, and that there is enough information on
file to support the advice and suitability.
• Assess the accuracy and adequacy of the file documentation, ensuring it is completed in line with the firm’s requirements.
• Assess and grade cases, and maintain accurate records to allow appropriate MI to be produced
• Provide clear, accurate and constructive feedback to the Adviser/ Paraplanner dealing with the case.
• Ensure completion, by the Adviser, of any remedial action within acceptable timeframes.
• Report identified rule breaches (internal or FCA) to the Compliance Team.
• Identify any emerging trends or risks to the Compliance Team.
• Provide feedback to T&C Consultants/ Management Team/ Compliance on specific issues with Advisers, or broader trends, to ensure
appropriate steps are put in place to address these.
• Support Advisers and Paraplanners with technical queries, and assist Paraplanners with the use of research tools.
It is vital that you have relevant experience within a similar position and experience of file reviews/ quality assurance across life, pensions and investments. You will be Level 4 Diploma qualified, ideally with some progress toward Chartered Status.
In return, you will enjoy a generous basic salary, reflective of your experience and qualifications, together with an annual bonus. There is also an excellent benefits package on offer, including very generous pension contributions and flex benefits. This role presents an opportunity for career progression in both the mid and longer-term.
Aston Charles - a personalised service from industry experts
Financial Services and General Insurance Recruitment