This is very exciting news for the Leeds insurance company market…
Following a recent period of positive change and restructure, this leading household name insurer has an opportunity for a Senior Commercial Underwriter within its flagship Leeds city centre office.
Spearheaded by a new Branch Manager, this person has an extremely successful track record within this firm where they have built highly profitable branches and achieved enviable employee satisfaction scores.
Following the recent re-engineering of its portfolio, this office is very much focused on ‘mid-market’ commercial business, typically with premiums ranging from £10K - £250K.
Working closely with the Branch Manager, you will help to manage the risk control process, ensuring that key underwriting KPIs are achieved, including rates and profitability. In addition, you will provide support to Underwriters within the branch, as well as managing your own caseload.
Here are the main selling points of this opportunity:
- The firm really looks after its employees and is ‘big on’ employee engagement. It provides an excellent work-life balance, as well as superb company benefits.
- You’ll be working for a business with a market-leading training and development programme.
- You’ll enjoy working for a stable company – the average length of service at this firm is 12 years.
- This business is keeping ahead of the times and very much embracing technology, whilst securing long-term roles for its Underwriters.
- The company’s strategy is very much on ‘bottom line’, profitable underwriting, which means that your technical underwriting expertise will be greatly valued.
- Underwriters in this business are “free to underwrite” and benefit from a great support infrastructure, which allows them to do what they do best.
- You’ll benefit from genuine career advancement opportunities. For example, the current Branch Manager progressed into this role within 5 years of being in an Underwriting position.
It is essential that you are an experienced Commercial Underwriter, with a strong track record of profitable underwriting. It is crucial that you are approachable, passionate about your self-development, as well as the development of others, motivated and a strong team player.
You will be rewarded with an attractive basic salary together with a range of company benefits. Come and be part of this exciting success story and apply in confidence today!
Aston Charles – a personalised service from industry experts
General Insurance & Financial Services Recruitment