This is a superb opportunity to forge a fascinating career within the boutique Infrastructure Practice of a global insurance broker. This team is staffed by some of the most talented insurance professionals within this niche, and deals with high profile Construction and Infrastructure projects in the UK and overseas.
Here, you will be dealing with a demanding clientele, including blue chip Construction and Engineering firms, as well as well-known financial institutions and investments funds. Projects can range from Social Infrastructure such as the building of schools, hospitals and prisons in the UK, through to large-scale Civil Engineering builds, like new airports in Europe or tunnels in Africa. As such, it is a very varied and challenging role, where you will be tasked with keeping abreast of the latest developments in the worlds of PFI and PPP.
You will be responsible for managing the relationship with a predefined portfolio of clients, including assuming control of their insurance programmes. Duties will include:
- Contract reviews, review of indemnity and insurance provisions for a wide variety of project finance contracts.
- Site visits with operating companies.
- Client presentations (primarily focused on Property and BI).
- Providing technical insurance advice on a wide variety of challenges faced by clients.
- Working with the assistance of a dedicated broking and account handling Support Team, you will oversee the placement of renewals, new business and additional lines.
- Collecting and analysing risk information and claims data, producing underwriting submissions, reviewing and updating wordings.
- Assisting in planning broking strategy and broking in the UK and International markets, assessing the responses from insurers and preparing renewal reports to clients.
- Issuing documentation, including agreed wordings, placing slips, endorsements, certificates, insurance manuals and minutes of meetings.
- As the key relationship manager on your portfolio, you will also liaise with the Claims Department in the event of any loss:
- Monitoring claims progress.
- Supporting colleagues on major / complex claims, providing advice on claims strategy and appropriate actions.
- Preparing and attending claims review meetings.
It is essential that you have experience dealing with corporate clients in a broking environment, ideally gained in an Account Executive or similar capacity. However, we are willing to consider applications from outstanding Account Handlers or Brokers who feel ready to take the next stage in their career. You must have a knowledge of relevant lines such as MD, BI and PL, and ideally an understanding of the full suite of commercial covers.
Given the rather ‘wordings heavy’ nature of these insurance contracts, you must have a keen eye for detail and be meticulous in your approach when scrutinising policies. You must also be comfortable in relaying the contents of policies, as well as your advice regarding additional coverage requirements and the effects of underinsurance to clients. As such, you should be an excellent communicator who can build rapport with corporate clientele, as well as prepare and present a range of detailed reports etc.
Ideally, you will have made significant progress towards qualifications under the Chartered Insurance Institute or have a strong academic background (such as a Law, Finance or Accountancy degree). We are also particularly keen to hear from candidates who have some knowledge of Project Finance, Infrastructure Funds, PFI & PPP.
This broker is an advocate of flexible-working practices, and welcomes applications from candidates who are happy to work daily in the City, or from home, coupled with checking into the office for semi-regular team meetings.
In return, you can expect to receive a generous basic salary (completely negotiable) and one of the industry’s most impressive benefits packages, including PMI, CIC, DIC and a market-leading pension arrangement that can be tweaked to suit your specific needs and circumstances. You will also benefit from a myriad of development opportunities, both within this team and the wider group.
Aston Charles - a personalised service from industry experts
General Insurance and Financial Services Recruitment