As you will be assisting with the management of this thriving broking house’s Director’s personal portfolio, this is a high-profile position where your successes will be visible to the management team and you will get to ‘learn from the best’.
Our client is a successful, independent brokerage that transacts a wide variety of miscellaneous commercial risks as well as running a number successful schemes, providing bespoke cover for niche industry sectors. Over the years, it has forged a reputation for its staff’s technical skills and their unwavering focus on delivering exceptional client service. Anecdotally, it is known in the local market as being ‘a good place to work’, with a great team atmosphere, plenty of staff incentives and lots of opportunities for training and development.
Working closely with the Director, you will assume responsibility for the day to day management of a portfolio of clients.
This will include, but by no means be limited to:
• Dealing with clients varying in size; typically generating premiums of between £15K - £50K, but potentially ranging from SME cases right up to those with 6 figure premium spends.
• Developing an understanding of clients’ businesses in order to build rapport and establish the risks they face.
• Helping to design a robust insurance programme that helps mitigate these risks.
• Negotiating with Underwriters to secure the most comprehensive cover at competitive premiums.
• Assisting with the renewal processes and administering mid-term amendments.
• Preparing accurate reports & documentation and issuing these in a timely fashion.
• Ensuring all work complies with FCA regulations and in-house protocols.
• Using the Acturis broking platform.
• Where possible, identifying opportunities to cross and up-sell ancillary covers.
It is essential that you have a sound understanding of all common commercial covers, including Property, Liability, PI, D&O, Fleet etc. Ideally, you will come from a broking environment, but our client will consider applications from talented Underwriters who are confident in their ability of ‘making the switch’. It is envisioned that you will have made some progress towards professional qualifications under the CII, but this is by no means essential. You must also have excellent communication skills (written and verbal), be professional in your approach, and have excellent attention to detail.
In addition to a generous basic salary (anticipated to be to circa £30K, but completely negotiable), you will receive an impressive range of company benefits including support towards professional qualifications and free, on-site parking.
Aston Charles – a personalised service from industry experts
General Insurance & Financial Services Recruitment