CV Writing Service
Although many of our clients trust our professional judgement as to whether or not they should interview our candidates, there is no doubt that CVs are important. First impressions really do count. Your CV is the first point of contact that you will have with a prospective employer, therefore, it needs to represent you in the most favourable way possible. When we meet with you, we will review your CV to ensure that it highlights your strengths and promotes you in the best possible way. We may well add important points that have been raised during our discussions. It is possible that you don’t have a CV because there has been no need for you to write one for a long time. If this is the case, don’t worry. We can help you to prepare one, as this is something we do on a regular basis.
Interview Preparation – Free Comprehensive Guide to ‘Excelling in Interviews’
Upon registering with Aston Charles, you will receive our free comprehensive guide to ‘Excelling in Interviews’. This guide has been complied over the years from actual feedback from our clients. Many of our candidates find this information invaluable, and it covers important subjects such as:
- How to present yourself and make a great first impression.
- What information to research on your prospective employer.
- Important questions to ask during the interview.
- How to best explain your genuine reasons for leaving previous employers.
- How to effectively convey the right level of enthusiasm and ambition for the role.
- How to deal with difficult questions regarding your salary expectations.
- How to prepare for, and answer Competency Based questions.
- Unusual interview techniques and potentially difficult questions to be aware of.
With the new age of social media, prospective employers can easily access published information about you on websites such as Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter. It is vital that you portray yourself in the right way, as clients often do their research on these sites before agreeing to an interview. We can provide advice on what appeals to prospective employers and just as importantly, what puts them off. In addition, once we have secured a position for you, we can also advise you on how to market yourself effectively via social media, to enhance your market presence.
We are partnered with a small number of carefully selected training providers who offer a range of interactive courses including, but not limited to, Leadership, Management and Sales. We find that not all employers are proactive when it comes to their employees’ professional development and therefore if you require training in a specific area, we would be happy to arrange this at very competitive prices.