Are you an experienced Financial Lines Underwriter looking for a new opportunity? Do you enjoy dealing with your brokers and class yourself as a ‘trader’? Are you comfortable in helping more junior staff develop and learn?
Aston Charles is recruiting for a leading global insurer that is looking to hire a Financial Lines Underwriter in its successful Leeds office.
Your main focus for the first 12/ 24 months will be to stabilise the D&O account following a turbulent year for D&O pricing due to claims. The business has established fair pricing controls for uplifts where required and has budgeted for a hit on the account in this area. The overall account stands at circa £12m GWP, around 40% of this is D&O. You’ll also deal with EPL and Crime & Cyber. PI is dealt with by a separate business area, therefore this will be minimal.
Other responsibilities will be to:
• Underwrite new business or renewals according to defined underwriting guidelines, specified budget and local business plan.
• Assist the Financial Lines Manager with development and management of their portfolio, market profile and producer relationships.
• You will work within the framework of the company’s ethical and service standards.
• Assist in formulating underwriting strategy, forecasts and portfolio management to achieve underwriting profitability.
• Ensure quality control by undertaking quantitative underwriting reviews, running regular management meetings and peer reviews.
• Prioritise and develop products within area of specialist expertise to improve client retention and new business – this involves collaborating with peers across business lines in Europe and globally.
• Represent and promote the company corporately to brokers, internal and external clients – this may involve servicing key producers and clients, monitoring business acquisition and retention as well as maximising cross-selling opportunities.
• You will manage junior colleagues as well as providing mentoring, training and coaching where appropriate.
You will have a proven track record of delivering Financial Lines new business in the past, and you’ll be confident of continued success. Individuals from a PI specialist background will not be considered, however, cross-class Underwriters that have a keen interest in D&O would be of interest. Also, you will be comfortable sharing your knowledge and experience with more junior staff members in order to aide in their development.
In return for your hard work, as well as your generous package, you be working for a leading insurance business that is focused on developing and rewarding its staff. The team in Leeds is very experienced within the Financial Lines sector, so will help each other progress its collective technical knowledge.
Please contact Allan Parker at Aston Charles for further information on this or any other opportunities.
Aston Charles - a personalised service from industry experts
General Insurance and Financial Services Recruitment